My super late Autumnal entry for OC-Art-Xchange of Jay's characters, Alex and Rafe. Rafe is a brash military robot gone rogue and Alex is his young human mechanic. Together they travel the world(s?) looking for Mechanima, a promise land for oppressed robots.
I’ve also drawn these guys a few times before, so you might also want to check out last year’s drawing of them.
Over all, I use the OC Art Xchange’s as a no-pressure way to experiment a little bit, and while this piece is not 100% like it was in my head, I did push myself.
This is amazing
Tracy you make the most incredible drawings and I admire how much you are always pushing yourself to new heights. I left a lengthier reply on DA, but seriously. Thank you so much!
I greatly appreciate all the input regarding publishing Mechanima!
A number of folks recommended looking into having it published by a company rather than independently, which I do like the idea of. I don’t know what companies would suit Mech best - if you have any suggestions feel free to comment! Thanks!
Send a number and I’ll draw my OC:
- In what they normally wear
- In what I’m currently wearing
- In a school uniform
- In swimwear
- In underwear
- With no clothes on
- In winter clothes
- In fancy clothes
- Making 3 different expressions
- Standing on their hands
- With their favorite animal
- Hanging out with a friend
- Sitting on the couch
- Doing something they don’t normally do
- Playing a sport
- Beaten up
- As a kid/adult
- Wearing a funny hat
THANKS FOR ALL THE ASKS GUYS
Rafe, Alex, and other responders will be posting weekly now, first update should be tonight or tomorrow, feel free to send more!
(via robo-shark)Source: imagine-your-oc
I’d really like to find time to devote to writing more of Mech. Once the writing is done, I hope to work on perfecting my style and speed so I can make pages faster. My goal with Mechanima is to be able to make the first volume myself, then to hope that followers might be able to help me to fund a physical published copy and further volumes.
Pages will be released free online so not to worry if you wanna read the comic but don’t feel like paying for it! The help to pay for the time and investments that go into making it would be very appreciated though too, so there will definitely be extras for those who fund it and those who buy the physical comic. Funding would allow me to make the next volume, and if I can reach a high enough amount, it could help me get it printed too.
So I have a few questions for watchers:
• Would you be interested in pitching in to help fund Mechanima?
• If so, what kind of rewards would interest you (having your character featured in a chapter, physical items like stickers, mugs, shirts, etc, a personal sketch or drawing mailed to you)?
• What kind of extras would you like to see in the printed comic itself? (There will definitely be short one-off comic strips and sketch art that won’t be posted online!)
• Would anyone be interested in paying to have an advertisement for their comic in Mechanima?
Thanks for your ongoing support!